Hometown: Steamboat Springs, CO
Interests: Parallel Snowboarding, Mountain Biking, Photography
Justin Reiter is a retired professional snowboard racer. Following a 20 year career competing all over the world representing the United States, Justin stepped back from the start gate to begin a career coaching with Red Bull and the United States Olympic Team. Throughout his career Justin utilized his bike as a key element of his training for both mental and physical preparation. From being the first to bike all of Colorado's (legal) 14'ers, to bike packing the Colorado Trail, Justin expanded his skill set, drive, and sense of adventure. He is currently a brand Ambassador for Yeti Cycles, Topo Designs, and Big Agnes. While being the best in the world is no longer the priority, Justin chooses to inspire others in their pursuits of excellence, and he continues his adventurous life in the saddle and on the board all over the world.
Follow his pursuit at @Justin_Reiter.
- 2014 Olympic Winter Games, 24th in men's parallel giant slalom, DSQ in men's parallel slalom
- 2013 World Championships, silver (parallel slalom), 11th (parallel giant slalom)
- 2012-13 World Cup Moscow, 4th (parallel slalom)
- 2012-13 World Cup Bad Gastein, 4th (parallel slalom)
- 2008 World Cup Valmalenco, bronze (parallel giant slalom)
- 2007 World Championships, 11th (parallel giant slalom), 13th (parallel slalom)
- 2006 U.S. National Championships, 1st (parallel slalom, parallel giant slalom)
- Eight-time North American Cup champion (2006-13)
Fun Facts: Learned to ski at 18 months old...Retired after 2009-10 season and worked as regional sales manager at a golf club, and became certified as a muscle activation techniques (MAT) specialist...Enjoys "freeriding," without clocks, coaches or competitions...Hobbies include mountain and road biking, golfing, listening to music, reading, music, working out and practicing yoga...Plans to pursue a career that is eco-friendly, creative and unique upon retiring from snowboarding.